Thursday, July 21, 2011

Missing These!

A few photos from just before my departure...
I keep looking at them over and over! Such fond memories!

Harry Potter and late-night snacks!

Gurtzberry the day I left! Mmmm frozen yogurt!


Airport goodbyes!

These two walked me to security. :)
(No, Tali is not on anything. She just knows how to enjoy life.)

My family, meanwhile, was headed down south to see family. Super jealous!!


This is from Isaac's dedication Sunday. Yes, my sister is home!!!




And of course this face is the cutest ever. Rumor is he'll be crawling by the time I'm home!

Thankfully, I've been able to have some Skype dates! :)
On Sunday I video chatted with my entire family + honorary family who was all together for my nephew's baby dedication. I can't put into words how wonderful that was! Wish I'd have thought to capture those moments!

Generally speaking, people in Paris don't make eye contact. It's a very lonely feeling place for me. People at home smile at strangers and seem much more trusting of each other. Everyone here is too busy for even casual hellos, it seems.







Yay for Skype! For silly faces, for smiles, for family gatherings, and dinner parties!

I love you guys!

Thanks so much for all the comments! I love feeling connected to home!
See you in 12 days!

4 comments:

  1. Missing you lots!!!!! Love viewing your life through all your photos and blog posts. Makes me feel like I'm there with you. See you soon!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I miss you, friend! Promise we we can have a frozen yogurt catch up date when you return? P.S. Yes, we bought a house, and it's closer! Can't wait to tell you everything. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the chocolate, chocolate, chocolate menu behind the last skype photo!

    Love seeing France this way. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thanks for putting up that gorgeous picture of me. N't. (Miss you,too. We need to tape our noses and take silly pictures when we get home; and then pierce said noses.)

    ReplyDelete