My mom recently bought a couple exercise videos with the hostess from the Biggest Loser.
I like them because they're only twenty-minute workouts, fitting nicely with my tight schedule.
Now before you go thinking, "Twenty minutes can't do anything..." let me tell you that I thought the same.
I was dead wrong. I thought it'd be easy-peasy, so I selected level two without a moment's hesitation. After twenty minutes, I was drenched in sweat and breathing heavily. (Granted, I haven't been running recently. I'm LOVING the idea of running again this summer!)
Saturday I ran and swam.
Sunday I did the aforementioned video.
Today I did the video again (and swam for a short amount of time, hardly enough to mention).
What is the point of all this? The point is that I'm so incredibly hungry. I've always been a good eater, but today "all this exercising" has caught up with me.
Let's recap.
1 bowl of granola/whole grain cereal with milk
1 banana
1 ham/swiss/lettuce sandy (I busted it out at 9:30 am and finished it at 10:30!)
1 serving of strawberries
1 serving of carrots
Quite a bit of raisin/cranberry/walnut/pistachio mix
1 granola bar
1 glass of V8 juice
1 bowl of ice cream
1 cheese stick
1 piece of toast
1 apple
1 healthy-brand pop tart
...and dinner is yet to come!
Arrrggghhh!!! You HAD to mention that video! I was just thinking I need to get off this computer and DO 20 MINUTES already, but I put it off. Now you mention the video, and I have to take it as a sign!!!
ReplyDeleteThere's nothing on that list that shouldn't be eaten in a day. Kudos to you! I need to throw out all the chips and junk that have accumulated since Easter. :/
I've noticed that the more physical I am, the hungrier I get.
ReplyDeleteThat video sounds cool, though! I'm anxious to start exercising again!
Let's see. What did I eat today?
ReplyDelete1 bowl cereal
1 apple with pb
1 carrot
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup soup
Salad
1 cup apple/grape juice
1 grilled cheese sandwich
1 cup tomato soup
1/2 cup tapioca
Of course, that's all I can remember. ;)
Glad we got to exercise today. Can't wait to get buff over the summer!
Oh wait, go ahead and add a few slices of bread to that list...
ReplyDeleteSo it's you! Mom gets off the computer and next thing I know we're both doing that video! My arms are so sore!
ReplyDeleteTali, I'm really wanting some of that tapioca!
ReplyDeleteDinner to complete my list:
1 cup rice
1/2 chicken breast
Gravy (?)
1 serving green beans
1 serving cantaloupe
Glenna,
Too funny! The "strength" part always kicks my b-u-t-t!
Well, at least you're eating well! My mom got a Dancing with the Stars exercise video before we moved, and I don't think she ever tried it because she saw Joel and me doing it. It was so hard!
ReplyDeleteNow I really want some grape juice, for some reason. I think it was Tali's comment :)
And I love Glenna's comment! :D